What is Turmeric Root Oil?
Turmeric root oil is an incredible beauty ingredient. From helping fade blemishes to nourishing and purifying your skin, this oil has multiple benefits for your skin. People make this oil by gathering and extracting the natural oils found in the roots of the turmeric plant. Just like turmeric powder it has incredible anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-allergic properties. Additionally, it is full of antioxidants.
We would like to make a quick note before carrying on that; whenever you are using an essential oil, turmeric root oil included; that you should dilute these powerful beauty products with a carrier oil of your choice. Essential oils are very concentrated and pack a punch as a result. When used on their own they can be harmful to your skin, so just make sure to also have your carrier oil to hand.
Benefits of Turmeric for Skin
- Helps Purify and Dry out Acne and clogged pores: When you use turmeric root oil and Camphor Oil with a carrier oil of your choice, it can help reduce and fight acne. Due to its incredible anti-fungal and antiseptic properties, it is able to help dry out pimples and also prevent further breakouts.
- Helps fade marks and blemishes; People often use Turmeric as an ingredient to reduce and fade marks and blemishes on your skin. It is often an ingredient found in many beauty anti-spot creams. When used regularly, this oil can help fade marks and blemishes over time.
- Rejuvenates skin: If you find your skin is lacking its usual glow, turmeric root oil may be the answer you are looking for. This oil is packed full of antioxidants which nourish and feed your skin with all that is good and natural. As a result of this, this oil is often the core ingredient in facial masks and night creams.
- Helps reduce signs of aging: Turmeric oil helps lessen fine lines and wrinkles, it is an excellent cleansing and revitalizing natural ingredient that we suggest you include in your skincare regime in the form of a night cream.
- Reduces inflammation: Turmeric has amazing soothing and cooling properties. This is due to the high concentration of curcumin found in turmeric root oil. Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound that gives immediate relief to red and inflamed skin.