A Winter Warmer for all Dosha Types
Wednesday, 10th October, 2018
Pumpkin, Carrot and Ginger soup is a warming winter classic so stock up on ingredients and get cooking. The long list of vital vitamins such as A, D and E will keep coughs and colds at bay and being suitable for all dosha types, this soup is sweet, rich and creamy and warms the body from the inside making it a staple lunchtime meal as the colder weather settles in.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (1inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ large pumpkin, cubed
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Handful of pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Melt the ghee in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until translucent. Stir in the ginger and all of the spices, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the Pumpkin and carrots and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and puree. Return the soup to the pot and cook for one more minute.
- Serve the soup in bowls and sprinkle with lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil and add a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.